Thursday, March 1, 2007

Radio Promotions and Beyond!!!!!

Hey Everyone!
I contacted both WUCF (89.9 FM- the campus radio station) and WPRK (91.5 FM- Rollins College Radio) about possible audio announcements or PSA's concerning our exhibition.

Jan Whitehouse (the marketing manager at WUCF) told me that she will be able to add our event to the PSA announcements that are read on Saturday nights. All we have to do is send her the info about our event, and the host will read that info on the air. She said that the PSA list does get lengthy at times, so our announcement is not exactly guarenteed to be read every Saturday night until our event. The only other way that she can get the exhibition announced on the air is through an audio posting, which can cost $500 and up! I don't think we have the budget for that, so the PSA might be a good alternative.

When I called WPRK, I did not get to talk to the person that I needed to get a hold of, but I did get some information. I was told that we could probably get a FREE Audio posting or PSA on the air. The guy I talked to said that PSA's are read every hour of the day, so we would probably get a good amount of promotion. I left a message with the poromotions manager, and I should be finding out the details early next week.

Let me know what you think. Any other suggestions?

I am still compiling the contact lists, please send more to exposedexhibition@gmail.com

No comments: