Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Possible letter to home depot

I like to present on ucf letterhead a letter to the home depot that I work at to get some kind of donation. I need to get this in soon because the store will be changing management.
I was informed by my store manager that they issue gift cards in $25 increments.

Management team of the Alafaya Trail Home Depot

Emerge is a 30 artist collective made of graduating Bachelor of Fine Arts students from the University of Central Florida. Our goal for the semester is to host a three day gallery event, March 29-31, which will be free and opened to the public in downtown Orlando. We will be hosting the event at 801 North Orange Drive, a currently vacate storefront, that is still in the rough stages of construction.
The location requires a lot of building materials to transform it into a gallery space where painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, and video, in a variety of styles and approaches can be displayed. The necessary materials range from 4x8 sheets of drywall and 4x4x12 wood post to make partitions and high hat furring channels and 4’ fluorescent light fixtures to prove sufficient lighting, along with hardware, hanging screws and shelf brackets.
* I’m just using the materials that have been list under budget on the blog
The only funding we have comes directly from the students. We would greatly appreciate any donations that the store can afford to give.

Thank you for you time and consideration.

For further information please connect,
*I don’t know if we should just include my connect information since I work there or something else?

Give me feedback! Let me know if there is anything you want included or changed.

4 comments:

jscar said...

I think it would be good to include a bit about how this would benefit Home Depot. Something along the lines of "The Home Depot logo will appear as a sponsor on our promotion materials, reflecting the company's dedication to philanthropy to a constituency of important members of the community, blah blah blah..." would stroke their egos and help them see the upside of throwing money away. -j to the izz-s

Nicolette Ross said...

It looks good. I do agree with jon about the "we benifit you-you benifit us" thing.
I only saw a few grammatical things that need to be changed-In the first sentence "Emerge" needs to be changed to Exposed. In the thrid sentence change "vacate" to vacant.
I think your contact information would work the best, since you kind of know what is going on with the HDepot. <3

Big Wedge said...

Yeah, I agree with Jon and Nicolette.(about the gramatical errors, too ;) And the 4x4x12' posts are now 4x4x10' posts. We made a demeo out behind the sculpture area, and we went with the 10 footers instead.

Melanie Mitchell said...

Also, connect=contact. I think you need to reread this and make sure it sounds as clear as possible.